Monday, May 25, 2009

"Failing Forward" - My Favorite Book Recommendation

If like in the last post, Persistence seems to have you down for the count, this is one book I can enthusiastically recommend to change your perspective and your life. Although John Maxwell is a highly respected author, "Failing Forward : Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success" is one of his lesser known books.

What a shame, because if you "Get" the message in this book it can be life changing and you will NEVER look at Failure, Persistence or the meaning of Success again in the Same Way!

If you find yourself feeling like you can't "persist" any longer, and that all is hopeless, it is an attitude adjustment that you need most right now.


You will come away from reading this book knowing that failure is ONLY a stepping stone to the Good that lies ahead!


"No Matter What Happens to You, Failure is an Inside Job!" - J.M

Here are a few things you will learn:

  • Master Fear Instead of Being Mastered by It.
  • Break Out of The Ruts That Keep People Failing.
  • Learn a Simple Strategy to Success after Experiencing a Major Setback.

Read what one reader had to say on Amazon.com:

John Maxwell does a marvelous job of helping people to work through failure and move on. I am 53 years old and was recently laid off by an employer who told me that I was the best employee he had. I felt betrayed and would wake up every morning thinking of ways to get even (even though I knew I wouldn't act on them.) I was really hurt and couldn't get over it. A friend of mine suggested I read two books. The first one she recommended was this one and it really helped me to put things into perspective. Instead of moping around the house, I started looking through the papers and making calls to get job interviews. Yes, it got me going! The other book my friend recommended was Optimal Thinking: How To Be Your Best Self which helped me to understand that every situation (even a a situation I don't like) is an opportunity to be my best, and it showed me how to make the most of any situation. With books like these in the world, we never have to be stuck and we can really make the most of our lives.


If you only read one book this year, make it this one, you will not regret it!

Click Below to Pick up a Copy......

If you are more of the "I would rather Listen" variety it is also available in CD format.
(listen in your car, at the gym, on the way to your next job interview)